Sunday, August 22, 2010

100 Places To See In Your Lifetime-Heaven On Earth#46-Istanbul, Turkey-"Founded as Byzantium, then known as Constantinople, Istanbul resides in both Europe and Asia, with the result that its culture is endlessly multihued. Located on the Bosporus Strait, with a nautural harbour known as the Golden Horn, the city was long considered the capital of the civilized world. There remains ample evidence of this, perhaps foremost: Hagia Sophia, a cathedral that is the paragon of the Middle Ages." These pics are still from the Okinawa Zoo here that I went to back a few months ago when it wasn't so killer hot...I know those animals are completely miserable, and I felt so bad for them..I can hardly stand to go to zoos anymore, but I just want to see how different each one is....The big cats were gorgeous....I wish that I could have had my picture taken with them like I did before back home before I had to move....Yes I really did that before, but have no idea where the picture went after everything of mine got thrown together....They had a tiger at the mall one weekend, and since I was always there, I of course jumped at something like that....that will probably be my last time going though here to this zoo, cause there isn't much to see, and not much to do there....these other pics, I found on here when I came online this afternoon...I had no idea this even happened here, but to see Okinawa, Japan plastered all over the internet made me lose my breath for a minute since I am here...I want to say this is down by the seawall where I go sometimes on weekends after dinner cause that's what it looks like...or pretty near there....there's a lot of houses or apts. smashed together there, and the ocean is in front of a wall like that....I've never seen anything like this ever, and don't know what this was doing, but we have been having very weird weather here....it pours down rain with the sun blaring out and then stops....I can't figure it out either, then seeing this only makes things weirder....I watched my movie last night, "Immortal Beloveth" and this song was in it..absolutely love this one...it's so sad and so beautiful...I am coming down sick now so I don't feel like sitting up on here very much...I believe next month I will have more time to be on here and will be able to catch up then...hope you all are doing fine...this is the last full week of this month...I can't believe next month will be falltime, then only 2 months and 2 weeks left for me here....I'm so excited I can hardly sleep at night sometimes....
` waterspout,' described as tornado A 'waterspout,' described as a tornado over water, is seen off the coast of Okinawa, Japan on August 19, 2010. Photo by Jeremy Goins »

No comments: