Monday, August 16, 2010



100 Places To See In Your Lifetime-#39-Amsterdam, Holland-"Long an important port, this nominal capital of the Netherlands is increasingly using its central local within the EU to attract foreign businesses. And why wouldn't they want to go to Amsterdam? It has abundant Old World charm that mixes easily with its air of tolerance. The city is actually scores of islands, linked by canals, bridges, and as many colors as there are in a field of tulips." WOW what an absolutely gorgeous city. It sounds a lot like Venice with being made up of islands bridges linking it.... I passed through Amsterdam on a flight going from Italy to the states several years back...I didn't get to see anything though, because it was a constant moving trip, so I really hope that I will get to stop there next time and do what I want to do and not be so rushed....By the looks of things here, I don't think anyone who lives there knows the meaning of that word...=)





No comments: