Tuesday, August 31, 2010


100 Places To See In Your Lifetime-Heaven On Earth#54-Bhaktapur, Nepal-Foundede circa 865 A.D., this town in central Nepal mesmerizes visitors with its profusion of monuments-typically terra-cotta artworks with ornate struts, windows and doors topped by gilded roofs and pinnacles. There are three majestic squares, led by Durbar, the site of the well-preserved Palace of 55 Windows, with its carved windows that become still more intricate as you climb to higher balconies." Wow, what an outstanding country....I know this would take my breath away completely, and I could spend entire days in one place I'd be so amazed cause all this is so old there...I'd love every bit of it, and would gladly love to run into someone else who shared this enthusiam with me...All day long it was waiting out this typhoon thing....They always make it sound much worse than it actually is, and I'm glad my power didn't go out, or my living room get half flooded....It was all day waiting, and it hit this evening and only lasted a few hours with just heavy winds blowing the trees around, and raining hard is all....That's all we got over here where I'm


at...I'm not sure about anywhere else....So I guess it's all back to normal schedules tomorrow until the end of the week...don't know why this couldn't have happened on like Friday to have 4 days off instead of just 3...I can't control these things just like anyone else can't....I had no problem with it, and found plenty to do...great movie watching, and it gave me a chance to make my own Mexican food for once since we couldn't go out..Everything is still shut up, boarded up, closed up, until I don't know when....That sure came and went fast...Some of these islands I heard they last 3 days for the typhoons whenever they hit....Oh wow, look at that....this is the very last day of the this month....Next month is falltime...I find out where we go after next year in just a few days I hope....I didn't expect this, so now it may be longer since everyone got a day off, and it may be longer like until next week for waiting to find out the answer....It's driving me crazy too, I think that is one of the reasons I came down sick so suddenly, because I am never sick...like once or twice a year is all, and this was #2 for this year....Hopefully no more, cause I really don't like feeling that way at all...It will be just 3 months and possibly 2 weeks then for me being here in Okinawa then when it finally hits midnight here...how excited I am that my time is finally winding down here....Let's see things I will miss here??? can't think of anything cause I never became attached to this place!!!! So this week is messed up, so I hope the rest of it flies by since there are only 3 days left...I think my excitement should start kicking in once I find out some kind of an answer....I just don't like this sitting and waiting and not knowing.....Oh, for these pics, the first one is a watermelon art pic I did just last month...it turned out too cute I think, and am just waiting now to get it framed...the 2nd one, is here in Okinawa...just out one of the gates here, we were stopped at a light, stuck in traffic, and I liked how this looked with the block on the corner, and the Japanese drummer...I will have to go back, and take it again, cause right when I went to take it, we moved, and I got the pole that stands in front of this....the 3rd and 4th ones are the Italian restarant that I go to here sometimes for breakfast and dinner....I love it there, it's too pretty and it really helps to get my Italian fix once a week by going there cause I miss Italy too much...I'm sure everyone knows this by now as much as I always talk about it and am always comparing...the 5th one is my cute and sweet Hello Kitty wall clock that I got a few months back, then we had to move, and I finally got to hang it up here...I love how this looks, and even though this one doesn't play music on every hour, I still can get by with just the look....I may have to take another and post it next time I put pics on here, I'm not sure why this one turned out so yellow looking...that is not yellow, it's white with a brown outer casing...(????) after my clock, is another thing that I made...I love the words to that, and can't wait to get it framed either and hang it by my front door....It really makes me think whenever I keep reading it over and over....the last one is just a framed picture that I have on my wall here..."The Best Things In Life Are Free" When we count our blessing, it isn't hard to see, that life's most valued treasures are the treasures that are free, For it isn't that we own or buy that signifies our wealth, It's the special gifts that have no price: Our Family, Friends and Health.







No comments: