Thursday, August 12, 2010

100 Places To See In Your Lifetime-Heaven On Earth#35-St. Petersburg, Russia-" Founded in 1703 by Peter the Great, this metropolis was built on the delta of the Neva River and laid out in the geometric manner of western Europe rather than the traditional Russian burgs that preceded it. Even though it has seen more than its share of turbulance-especially during its communist stint as Leningrad-it remains a most disarming city,with a wealth of attractions such as the Hermitage and the Summer Garden and Palace." These are pictures from a trip that I went on here in Okinawa back in May I believe it was...We went to Shuri Castle, and then to some Japanese Gardens not too far from there....That wasn't included last time, and I had no idea this was even here....I loved it there, and how it looked, and it was actually a nice day and not too hot then...I love how these turned out....That one pic is a dragonfly resting on a type of plant they have here...I never saw one up so close like that....

No comments: