Monday, August 30, 2010


100 Places To See In Your Lifetime#53-Torres del Paine, Chile-"Located in the southern Patogonia region of Chile, this 600,000 acre park is an unspoiled wonderland. Three mountains dominate the profile, and permit flora ranging from grasslands to diminishing forests that suggest a Bonsai garden. There are glaciers, waterfalls and lagoons, with waters varying from blue to green. Fauna include foxes, condors, rheas(ostrichlike birds) and guanacos, which are related to llamas."What an absoulutely beautiful country....Of course I say this about every country that I see, but wow.....So many places I still have to see, and would never get tired of any of this, or going right on to the next one......I"ve never heard of this place either, so I"m loving every minute of this learning about these places I can find an excuse to go to one day to mark off that I have seen them all....Can't wait cause all these places are gorgeous and I'd love them all....We are in TCC-01 now. That is the typhoon condition before a typhoon hits. Back in Italy, it went up....from TCC-01 and whenever it got to TCC-03 that was the worst....Here in Japan, it is just

reversed....It goes from TCC-03, and then moves down....We are expecting a typhoon to hit here in just a few hours, we have been in warnings all weekend and yesterday and today all day long....We had to start moving stuff in, and tying it down, and putting sand bags in front of the back doors...We were upstairs at our last place, so we never had to worry about flooding....here the backyard part floods and sometimes comes in the back door....not sure how well sandbags will keep water out of just an aluminum door they put on....Everything is closing down now, and the roads are completely empty that it's actually scary.....I'm off as well part of tomorrow, maybe the whole day, just not sure yet, so I don't know what this will do, or how bad this typhoon will be....Kind of nice though, cause I can sleep, and be on here, and get caught up on things, and just do what I want to.....I don't know if our electricity will go out or not, but they are telling everyone to expect it to for several hours....We are okay during these, it just rains heavy, and there are heavy winds, but it's a lot to prepare for one coming here...It is somewhere around us now, so another hour, or another few hours it will hit, and I won't be able to be on here....As long as another typhoon doesn't ruin my trip this year, I don't care when they hit, so it can keep this up for the rest of the week for all I care....Just don't touch my trip, and everything will be just fine...I definately don't want another repeat of last year.....Just a few more days until I find out the answer as well...It's killing me if anyone else is wondering...The skin along the sides of my fingernails is peeling, and I never ever have this problem...not only does it hurt like crazy, but I can't stand how it looks, and it would hurt toooooo bad to try and get it taken care of or cut it off.......I seriously need this week to hurry up cause I totally loose it when it comes to worrying about something I can do nothing about......Oh, these are more pics of stuff that I made, my Care Bear, and other ones I did...I have these all hanging up now....I get them done in just a few weeks or few months....I never stop cause I can't stand just sitting and not being able to get anything done.....I have more that aren't even here, like 2 containers of those things, so maybe when I get all my stuff out of storage I will see them again and can show you all too...hope everyone is doing fine....I have to move more things inside or go and tie them down so they don't go flying someplace.....take care everyone we're about to have another typhoon here in Japan...the 2nd one I'll be in..the one last year wasn't anything, just wind and rain, but nothing major....I"ll try and take pictures if I can do that...yes I'm that obsessed about picture taking....A huge storm going on, and I'm just focused on how many pics I can get of whatever is happening....





No comments: