Sunday, July 25, 2010



So another day of unpacking and another day of mishaps...yesterday it was me finding chocolate from someone who sent it to me here and it had gotten shoved away..They were the round chocolates, and they had been sitting for so long that they had turned white...I unwrapped one and was looking at it, and my husband asked me over and over what it was, and I finally said it was chocolate after having my thoughts interrupted....I get a responce that he thought it was a miniature model of the moon...hmm I don't have ANYTHING whatsoever that is space related...nothing, not sure at all what I would be doing with models of the moon or anything that resembles space...Yes, I threw them out, but I never would have thought of something like that myself...Today, I had something even worse happen...I have one of those wooden calanders that I change the dates in every month along with the month of the year by sliding them in and out...not sure if anyone else knows what I'm talking about, but it's just a calandar you keep up yourself...I hung that one up yesterday, thought it would be fine...today though, it fell off the wall from all the way at the top where it had been hanging..directly coming down and hitting the lightswitch full force breaking it off, and shattering into a few pieces on the floor....Nothing that can't be fixed since it's wood and not glass or anything like that...But it completely broke the light switch off and it's just a sqaure hole in the light panel now.... We can't turn the light on or off now, it won't do anything, and I honestly had absolutely NO IDEA that you could even break off a lightswitch.....Brand new place and that happens...I'm done with trying to hang up anything else, since I seemed to be cursed with something where everything goes wrong but seems to be funny after it happens...That has never happened to me, but I guess there is a first for everything...I think I'll leave the hanging up stuff to others who actually know how to use certain tools and don't go through 3 or 4 nails trying to hang one object up without bending the nail in half just trying to hammer it in...I'm done after that happened!!! Just glad it didn't happen in front of anyone or to someone else!!!!! good night everyone hope u have a good week...more unpacking for me everynight....=p
100 Places To See In Your Lifetime-Heaven On Earth#17-Nanchez Trace-"Thousands of years ago, this trail was established by buffalo, and then Indians and trappers trod the path. By the late 1700s, the Trace had sprouted so many hazards, such as bandits, that it became knows as the Devils Backbone. Ironically, today this national parkway, which runs from Franklin, Tennessee, to Natchez, Mississippi, has nothing to detract from its lush southerness: for 444 miles there are no gas stations, souvenir shops or fast food eyesores."

No comments: