Friday, May 14, 2010


This one is of the BLUE MOUNTAINS!!!!! lol lol lol everything you see from the cable cars to the trains I did...I didn't like some of it cause the train threw me forward in the dark when it took off and was in a cave and my camera flew under the seats and I had no idea where it went...cable car thing....I don't care a thing about being up in high places....It really is gorgeous there, and I can understand now why they are called the Blue Mountains....What they call Three Sisters is one of their legends they go by there...I noticed they had a ton of legends on everything there just like they do in Hawaii....It was an interesting story though, and that's what those statues are about...I have my picture standing between 2 of them...I will put the story on that as well, when I get to my picture on it, and the mountains that are 3 in a row are what they consider to be the Three Sisters.....I loved that story I never heard anything like it before....I didn't see those birds, or kangaroos there, our time was so rushed that I'm glad I got to see what I did before having to go back....It was a very gorgeous area though, absolutely no other place like it on earth....My obsession with other countries is never-ending, maybe after seeing my photos, people will finally begin to understand why one day....xxxxx*****








THE THREE SISTERS-THE LEGEND<
Long ago, a clever old man called Tyawan lived in the mountains. He had three daughters-Meenhi, Wimlah, and Gunnedoo-and a magic shinbone that changed him into a lyrebird when he wished. When he went hunting, he would tell his daughters to stay on the clifftop, safe from Bunyip, who lived deep in the valley.

One day, Meehi knocked a rock over the cliff-it crashed into the valley, waking Bunyip, who charged up the cliff toward the terrified girls. Tyawan could not reach them in time and so he changed them all into rocks....

The Bunyip chased Tyawan, who changed his shape many times before changing to a lyrebird. But he dropped his magic shinbone when his arms changed into wings. Ever since then, lyrebird has scratched in the leaves, looking for the shinbone to change the girls back into human form.



No comments: