Wednesday, September 8, 2010


100 Places To See In Your Lifetime-Heaven On Earth#62-Black Forest, Germany♥☺"The source of the Danube River, countless cuckoo clocks and enough fairy tales to fill a childhood, the Black Forest covers 2,320 square miles of southwest Germany. An utterly enchanting place, its natural spring waters were enjoyed two millennia ago by Roman soldiers, and today those seeking a boost to their spirits go to such spas as Baden-Baden and Wildbad. Majestic castles round out the magical feeling." Muuuuahhhh!!!! this is my country, baby, and I'm not sorry about it either!!!! I would gladly trade having to be forced to live in the US, or boring boring nothing Japan, to just packing up and moving back to Germany and not ever looking back, or having one regret about anything....It is so gorgeous there, and I miss it a lot whenever I was there....I went to Oktoberfest a few years back when I was in Italy, and went not knowing anyone, and met up with like 4 tables there of locals and became instant friends...wow the things that I can do whenever I am on my own, and people actually talk to me whenever I am back in NORMAL society and away from crazy people like I am always around...I love it here and can't wait to go back, just like I can't wait to go back to Italy...I'm just hoping the next time that I go back, it will be there to live for awhile, not just to go for a weekend to a celebration...these pictures are of a gorgeous Italian restaurant that I go to sometimes....I love the atmosphere there, and how everything is....It actually hurts to look at them cause every detail is perfect, and the roof is exactly like the one that we had before coming here....I"m not even sure what to call those, but I had to climb out on mine before, because my cats got out the window, and went all the way down the other side of the roof to the neighbours who also had their windows open, and when I found them, they were in a room of theirs, just laying on a chair, flipping their tails like they belonged there...I'm not one to climb around on roofs, but I never want to do that again, cause those shingle things are not easy to walk on, and I'm glad they didn't do that anymore after that...Mostly cause I wouldn't let them, but I'm still glad nothing happened since I've always been prone to having accidents before....I still don't know anything about where I will end up

after next year...I'll just be glad to be back in a normal society again after being around such a jailed in environment for so long..I definately won't miss this at all....my evenings fly by so fast...talk with u all soon....











Japanese Favourite Stories-"The Fairy Crane" "Once there was an old man who lived in the country all alone with his old wife. They had no children. ONe day the old man was walking along the road beside a rice field when he suddenly heard a strang sound: "Flutter, flutter; flap, flap." Following the sound, he discovered a beautiful white crane caught in a snare. "Oh, you poor thing!" he said. "I will help you out." He set the crane free, and it flew away into the sky. After the old man got home and was telling his wife about the crane, a knock came on the door and someone said in a sweet voice: "Man I come in?" The old woman opened the door and there she found a prety dainty little girl. The little girl said: "I have lost my way. Please let me stay in your house tonight." The old people were very happy to have such a pretty girl in their house. And when she told them that she had no parents of her own, they asked her to become their daughter and live with them always. So the little girl stayed on with them. One day the girl said to her new parents: "If you'll promise not to look at me even once while I work, I"ll weave some cloth on the loom in the weaving room." Thereafter they could hear the sound of the loom everyday-"Ton-ka-ra-ri, ton-ka-ra-ri"-and every night the little girl gave them a beautiful piece of cloth which she had woven that day. It was the most beautiful cloth in the whole world and all the neighbours came to see it. The old woman became more and more curious. She said to herself: "How in the world can this little girl weave such beautiful cloth?" So finally one day she peeked into the weaving room. What a strange sight she saw! There, sitting at the loom, was not her little daughter, but a beautiful white crane, using its own soft white feathers to weave cloth. That night when the old man came home, the little girl came out of the weaving room and said: "I am the crane that you save. I have been weaving a cloth to repay the kindness you did for me that day long ago. But now that you have discovered my secret, I can no longer stay with you." The old woman was sorry she had peeked, and the old man was in tears, but since they knew their daughter was actually a crane, they finally understood that she must go back to her home in the sky. "Goodbye, good luck," the girl said. And then suddenly she changed into a white fairy crane and soared gracefully up into the sky on her beautiful white wings."


9 Of The Most Polluted Cities In The World#2-La Oroya, Peru-"Metal mining and smelting company, Doe Run Peru* has contaminated La Oroya, Peru. Over 35,000 of La Oroya residents have been affected by lead, zinc, copper and sulfur dioxide pollution from the company's metal mining and processing. According to Time, 99 percent of the mining town's children have blood levels that surpass suitable limits of exposure.
Since 1922, the town in Peru's Andes Mountains has been polluted by mining missions."

1 comment:

Daryl said...

I agree with Black Forest... I lived there for two years. But you'd have to travel to Bavaria, the other side of Germany, to see Neuschwanstein Castle.