Sunday, September 12, 2010

100 Places To See In Your Lifetime-Heaven On Earth#64-Roman Colosseum, Rome, Italy♥ "The ruins of this Roman amphitheater, which was begun in 72 A.D. on the site of a villa that once belonged to Nero, are of such perfection that one can scarcely imagine what it was like in its totality. There were 80 entrances: 76 for ticket-holders, two for gladiators, and two for the emperor. The bizarre spectacles that took place within are long gone, but the awesome aura of the Colosseum♥ is forever. I have been here I have been here I have been here!!! I stood right in those very spots inside and out the Colosseum and LOVED it of course!! Beautiful and completely breath-taking, I wouldn't stop talking to the guide asking one thing after another what this and that was for...there are cages with bars in front of them at the sides that really doesn't show on here, they said they used to keep animals in there and then release them for fighting, which was a sport to them back then...mostly tigers and lions, anything that was willing to fight, and they were all big animals...We didn't stay long enough...I went around and saw everything like 10 times, then wanted to go around again...I couldn't believe I was seeing something in my dream country I had only talked about, and kept staring at pictures over for years and years and I was finally there seeing it...The floor of this place is nothing anymore...it's all broken up, and you just stand on the upper levels, and look down....I couldn't believe how old this was, and I was in it and was getting to see this....I loved it...I can't wait to go back...I did my best to give a part of the Colosseum a big hug before I had to leave...Just looking at pics now of it, hurts actually, and is hard to look at cause I miss it so much there...I love this beyond words....I'm so happy that I got to step foot in this place and make it actually happen....definately worth seeing and definately not a disappointment...these pics are the rest of the ones of the Italian restaurant that I go to ever so often...this is what I want my backyard to look like one day once we get through with all this ridiculous moving around.....they had the entire back garden area decorated up just like we stepped right back into Italy...I was there for more than an hour it was so fasinating....these other pics are ones of the Bombing Memorial they made in my downtown area...it turned out really beautiful....I'm going to visit again when I'm there again next year and leave a few things myself there along the part of the fence they left up, and a few of the trees there....can't wait...rain is the only thing to worry about, then snow, cause no one is going to come there and take that stuff....They did nothing over here at all for 9/11...Japanese are really really really cold-hearted people...they totally ignored that like it never happened...I find it harder and harder to force myself to keep speaking to them and being nice when I really don't feel that way about them...they keep stealing my packages and the rest of my mail coming over here, and are just so tight-lipped and hateful about anything....Taiwan is even worse that this place...that was a total nightmare when I was there only for a few hours at their airport....Finally my house isn't flooded anymore, but I feel like I just spent the entire weekend cleaning house and didn't really get to do anything....I am never going through putting up with a flooded house again...that is the sickest thing ever...." Japanese Favourite Stories-"The Biggest In The World" "On an island in the ocean, there lived a big bird. He was big enough and strong enough to pick up a sheep, or even a cow, in one grab and fly up into the sky with it. This bird was very proud and was always boasting: I'm the biggest in the world. If you looked all over the earth, you couldn't find another being as big and strong as I." "Oh, no, Mr. Bird," said a sea gull one day who had just flown up from the south. "In a place in the Southern Sea there is a much larger being that you." "What! What are you saying? Something larger than I am? You must be wrong!...All right, then, I"ll just fly there right now, and we'll see who's biggest." So the big bird flew off to the Southern Sea. But the Southern Sea is very wide, and no matter how far you go there seems to be no end to it. "Oh, but I'm tired!" the big bird said and started looking for a place to rest. Just in time, in the distance he saw two red columns sticking up out of the waves. "This is just fine," this bird said, settling down with a sigh on one of the columns. Just then the bird heard a terrible voice. "Hey!" cried the voice. "What's this? Who is sitting on the end of my feeler?" Then the column began to move, and suddenly, right from the middle of the waves, a huge lobster rose to the top of the sea, waving the feelers that the bird had thought were columns. "Oh, what a terrible thing!" said the bird. Because he saw that the huge lobster was much, much larger than he. "I certainly lost this contest." And with that the bird flew quickly away home. "ho! ho! ho!" laughed the lobster. "I really frightened that bird. What fun to see the bird that thought he was so big run away like that. I'm truly the biggest in the world." Just as the big lobster was saying this and feeling so proud, the sea gull happened to fly by. "Oh, no, Mr. Lobster," the sea gull said. "There is something still larger that you. You just swim farther south and you'll see." "All right!" said the lobster, "that's just what I'll do. Such nonsense, saying there's something bigger than I am!" So the lobster swam and swam. Finally, far to the south, right in the middle of the Southern Sea, he saw a huge mountain rising out of the water. And he could see two caves in the mountain. "Ah ha!" he said. "Those are fine caves. They will make a good place for me, the biggest thing in the world, to sleep." And, happily wiggling his big feelers, he crawled up into one of the caves. But what do you think! What Mr. Lobster had thought were caves in a mountain were actually the nose of a great whale! "Oh, something's tickling my nose!" said the whale, becasue the lobster was wiggling his feelers inside the whale's nose. "Ka-ka-ka-choo!" the whale sneezed. The poor lobster was blown high, high into the sky, and then he fell back down, right on top of a big rock sticking up in the ocean. "Ouch! Ouch!" cried the big lobster. "My back is broken." Sure enough, his back was broken. And that is the reason why, ever since that time, all lobsters' backs are curved as though the shell were broken. And that's also the reason why you can listen and listen but never again wil you hear a lobster say: "I'm the biggest in the world." 20 Worst Drinks in America 2010 18. Worst Energy Drink Rockstar Energy Drink (1 can, 16 fl oz) 280 calories 0 g fat 62 g sugars Sugar Equivalent: 6 Krispy Kreme Original Glazed Doughnuts None of the energy provided by these full-sugar drinks could ever justify the caloric load, but Rockstar’s take is especially frightening. One can provides nearly as much sugar as half a box of Nilla Wafers. In fact, it has 60 more calories than the same amount of Red Bull and 80 more than a can of Monster. If you’re going to guzzle, better choose one of the low-cal options. We like Monster; it offers all the caffeine and B vitamins with just enough sugar to cut through the funky extracts.

No comments: