Wednesday, September 15, 2010

100 Places To See In Your Lifetime#68-Seychelles-"Orginally settled by the French, this nation of some 115 islands lies in the Indian Ocean 1,000 miles east of Kenya. The very pleasant climate of the Seychelles is home to forests, fishing, diving and outgoing natives. Anyone who longs for the feel of high hanging gardens adjoining powdery white-sand beaches with turquoise waters may want to seriously consider spending some time here." WOW this is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why haven't I ever heard of this place?????? I have heard of Kenya plenty of times, but never have I heard of Seychelles...(I'm guessing this is pronounced Sy-chelles since this is a French island with French spelling....=) still gorgeous no matter which way you look at it....still a beautiful place I wouldn't have any problem going here, it's just out in the middle of nowhere, and that sick feeling I can't seem to
keep away always haunts me everytime I even think about those places...I just can't stand the thought of being stuck somewhere and if something were to happen, there is no way out of there except by plane like here where I'm at.....ugghhhh so maybe this would be fine for a week, then that's it.....lol...oh did anyone else see what Oprah did???? I didn't find out about that until last evening, a day after it had already happened...it was on the morning show here (at night for us) on the tv broadcasting from the states, and I had to look it up on here, and about died...wow what a surprise of a lifetime...if that ever happened to me, someone would definately have to revive me from fainting cause I'm so obsessed with going all over the world to all sorts of different countries....wow what a wonderful gift to give ones u don't even know....going to a beautiful country that you won't ever forget.....I loved it there in Australia totally unforgettable.....loved the way they planned that out though...it was soo funny...loved the mock up of the plane, loved how everything came together....wow u sure can get people's attention when u talk travel....=) that comes on here I think in the middle of the afternoon, or in the middle of the night....=p I hardly ever watch tv anyways....my dvd movies I order on the weekends, then the theatre sometimes, and that's it...tv for me is mostly for the radio station......


Favourite Japanese Stories-Saburo the Eel Catcher-"Once there was a man named Saburo who was a famous eel catcher. He was such an expert that eels couldn't resist his hook and so he always caught a lot of them. And when he caught one, he'd run right home and put it on the fire. Then when it was done, he would take it off the fire, put it on his rice, and eat it up, smacking his lips all the while. He thought that eels were delicious. One day when he was fishing he felt a great pull on his line. "Oh, this one must be enormous!" said Saburo to himself as he pulled back with all his might. "Yo, heave, ho!" he shouted, and pulled out of the water just about the biggest eel that he had ever see. "What an enormous eel!" cried Saburo, as the eel flashed out of the water. But he was pulling so hard that the eel flew right over his head and landed, with a big grunt, in the field behind him. "Funny," said Saburo to himself as he looked for the eel. "Eels can't grunt. At least I don't think they can. Now, let's see. Where could he have gone to?" And Saburo began looking around the trees, in the tall grass, and under the big stones.. But he couldn't find the eel anywhere. "Odd," he said, scratcing his head. "I guess I pulled too hard and he went flying over the mountain." He kept on looking and suddenly saw something big and long and black under a bush. "Aha," said Saburo rushing at it. But when he got there, he found it was only a big, black stick and no eel at all. " I never knew sticks and eels looked so much alike." he said, scratching his head. Just then he saw a wild boar asleep in the grass. "Oh, my, I"d better be careful; wild boars are pretty dangerous." So he began tiptoeing around the sleeping boar, when all of a sudden he tripped over a stone and fell down with a thud. "Oh, that's done it!" said Saburo, trembling. The boar didn't move, though ordinarily the noise would have been enough to being him charging through the grass at poor Saburo.. So Saburo walked closer and saw the eel lying on top of the boar. The boar was lying very still on its side, and the eel was sort of coiled on top with his head hanging over the boar's shoulder. "Oh, that's nice," said Saburo. "They've gone and made friends with each other. But I never knew eels and boars were friends before." But then he looked more closely and saw that the eel and the boar were both quite dead. "Well, this is curious," said Saburo, "for I distictly heard the eel grunt." Then he stopped, scratched his head and thought: "No, I know what it was. The eel landed on the boar and the boar grunted. That's more like it. THen the eel died because he was out of the water and the boar died of fright." And that is just what had happened. The eel had gone sailing through the air, turning end over end, and had finally landed with a big thump right on the back of the sleeping boar. Now boars, even though they are fierce, are very sensative. The surprise had been just too much for its nerves. "Oh, what luck!" said Saburo to himself. "Both eels and boars are delicious. OH, what a feast I'll have!" The he stopped and wondered: "How on earth can I get the boar home tonight?" He scratched his head. "I guess I"ll have to make something to carry the boar with . Here're some vines. I"ll take some of these and use them to strap the boar onto my back and that way I can take him home." So he pulled at the vines, but no sooner had he taken hold of one than it came loose and he saw it had wild yams on the end. "Oh, how wonderful," said Saburo, "wild yams. How delicious they will be!" Usually wild yams are hard to pull from the ground, but today they came loose as easy as anything. Saburo said: "Now I have an eel and a boar and lots of wild yams, but I"ll have to make something to carry the yams in. Here are some reeds. I"ll use these." So he set to work picking reeds. He would grasp a thick top and pull violently; then they would come loose. He pulled one and it squawked once and then lay still in his fist. "What's this?" wondered Saburo. "A reed with feathers? But it wasn't, it was a pheasant-a nice, plump pheasant with a lovely green and red head, brown wings, and long, long tail feathers. "Well, what a nice bird you are, " said Saburo patting its head, but the bird didn't move. In pulling he had wrung its neck. And there at his feet was a nest with thriteen big shiny eggs in it. "Oh, thirteen must be my lucky number today," said Saburo. "Here I have a boar, an eel, lots of yams, a nice plump pheasant, and thirteen eggs! What a feast I"ll have when I get home!" Then he stopped. "But how to get them home I wonder," he said. He thought and thought and thought about this big problem. There really seemed to be much more than one man could ever hope to carry. But he was determined not to leave any of these wonderful things behind him. Finally he took some of the reeds and wove a basket with them. He wove it wode and deep and strong, and then he put the pheasant and the eggs in the basket, packing them carefully in moss. Then he put the boar across his back and tied it firmly with the vines. Then he tied the yams around his neck and let them hang down over his shoulders in the front. And finally, using still more of the strong vines, he tied the eel to one of his hands. When he was all finished, he was indeed a funndy looking sight, but everything was quite safe. And that's the way he went home, carrying the eel and the wild boar, and the yams, and the nice plump pheasant, and the thirteen eggs. All the way he kept imagining the wonderful feast he woud have when he got home. His mouth was watering and he felt so happy tha the didn't even notice how heave a load he was carrying. When he reached his house, he put all the things down on the kitchen floor and then just stood there thinking about what had happened to him. The more he thought about it, the funnier it seemed to him. He began to laugh a little, at first just a few chuckles, but soon he was rolling on the floor with laughter. When he could finally talk through his laughter, he said: "I'm a pretty good eel-catcher-that I am!" And laughed all the way through the wonderful feast he had that night."


20 Worst Drinks in America 201015. Worst Beer
Sierra Nevada Bigfoot (1 bottle, 12 fl oz)
330 calories
0 g fat
32.1 g carbohydrates
9.6% alcohol
Carbohydrate Equivalent: 12-pack of Michelob Ultra

Most beers carry fewer than 175 calories, but even your average extra-heady brew rarely eclipses 250. That makes Sierra’s Bigfoot the undisputed beast of the beer jungle. Granted, the alcohol itself provides most of the calories, but it’s the extra heft of carbohydrates that helps stuff nearly 2,000 calories into each six-pack. For comparison, Budweiser has 10.6 grams of carbs, Blue Moon has 13, and Guinness Draught has 10. Let’s hope the appearance of this gut-inducing guzzler in your fridge is as rare as encounters with the fabled beast himself.


No comments: