Monday, September 27, 2010

100 Places To See In Your Lifetime#80-Dubrovnik,Croatia-"The Pearl of the Adriaticis in Croatia, in the area known as Dalmatia. Despite being hit by earthquakes, fire, war and tidal waves, Dubrovnik is an exemplar of medieval urban planning. Sited on a promotory overlooking the sea, the city lies within fortifying walls, and is a paradigm of narrow, twisting, endlessly attractive streets holding gardened villas, monasteries and palaces.♥" Hmmm I would take a palace anyday, but of course we don't have those in the states, and I don't see them shipping me one piece by piece..... I love this place, Its really gorgeous, and the beaches look actually normal with sand and are actually CLEAN......NO NOT ALL BEACHES ARE LIKE THAT...I got laughed at before by some hot heads here when I noticed that about another place I went and compared to the junk places here in Okinawa...The beaches here DO NOT have sand..they are filled with very sharp and pointed rocks with jelly fish all over the place, trash caught in along the rocks, and it's just miserable..I hardly ever go there cause I can't stand looking at any of that...They are junky looking and just plain depressing....THEY DON'T HAVE SAND I DON'T CARE WHAT THEY SHOW IN THE PICTURES OR THE TOURISTS BOOKS!!!! The only beach that I went to that had nice clean sand was at the Renaissance Resort/Hotel and there were people out there keeping up the beach 24 hours a day...even in the middle of the night, there were people out there combing the beach I guess they call it, picking up the smallest of smallest pieces of trash that they could find, and the only ones that could go to that beach were the ones that were staying there....I loved that beach that was the best beach I have seen over here, but any of the others are totally junky and nasty....The ones in Croatia actually look beautiful and worth going to....I'm not much of a beach person cause I sunburn so easily which makes me mad, cause beaches can be gorgeous if you go to the right ones...I'd love to go here one day, it looks awfully crowded though, just like any other place that has beaches.....I just have one question....If I clean my house every other day here, get nearly every single cleaning product on the shelves in the stores, keep everything spick and span and don't put up with mess or trash or junk laying around etc..etc...etc....then can somebody please tell me...WHERE ARE ALL THESE LITTLE BUGS AND FUZZY LITTLE WORMS COMING FROM?!?!?!?!?!? I HATE THOSE THINGS AND THEY WON'T GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love Love LOVE these awesome songs from Glee it was too sweet tonight....can't wait to watch it again tomorrow night...wish that I could bring it to Tokyo with me, but I definately know better than that!!! good night everyone!!! 20 Worst Drinks in America 2010-#3.Worst Drive-Thru Shake McDonald’s Triple Thick Chocolate Shake (large, 32 fl oz) 1,160 calories 27 g fat (16 g saturated, 2 g trans) 168 g sugars Sugar Equivalent: 13 McDonald’s Baked Hot Apple Pies There are very few milk shakes in America worthy of your hard-earned calories, but few will punish you as thoroughly as this Mickey D’s drive-thru disaster. Not only does it have more than half your day’s caloric and saturated fat allotment and more sugar than you’d find in Willy Wonka’s candy lab, but Ronald even finds a way to sneak in a full day of cholesterol-spiking trans fat. The scariest part about this drink is that it’s most likely America’s most popular milk shake.


No comments: