Thursday, December 8, 2011

Don't Keep Your Talents Hidden!!!!

This is part of the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel over in my Roma, Italia...I went through the entire Vatican Art Museum, even with the line going all the way around the block...I was determined more than ever to get inside one of the most sought after Art Museums on earth and see what I have only seen pictures of...The Sistine Chapel is the very last part that you go through at the Vatican..You stand and look up at the ceiling for as long as you want to..This is my most favourite image of the entire ceiling...I studied this in my Humanities class and couldn't get enough of it how Michael Angelo layed on his back and created this entire masterpiece...Also, since I went somewhere every weekend in Italy, we went to Florence another weekend, and saw the David statue...Completely breath-taking...I took a rotten pottery class right after summer, and tried to make 3 different objects and all 3 of them broke before I was even finished with them...I got so frustrated I just scraped them all in the trash, and vowed just to stick to my painting and other stuff I do with anything involving string...So I couldn't imagine making a life sized statue of a human being....Amazing experience though...both of them...I've never heard of people like Michael Angelo since...So glad that I got to see these gorgeous works of art in my lifetime..I still truly feel extremely lucky because the memories are outstanding....can't wait to go again one day cause I miss Italy terribly now....

No comments: