Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Do What Makes You Happy...

.
One Hundred Years From Now
Author: (excerpt from "Within My Power" by Forest Witcraft)
One hundred years from now
It won't matter
What kind of car I drove
What kind of house I lived in
How much money I had in the bank
Nor what my cloths looked like
BUT
The world may be a little better
Because, I was important
In the life of a child.I had a wonderful day in the preschool classroom up on base here today. I had kids coming up to me that I had never seen before hugging me and telling me they loved me, playing with my hair, asking me things about myself, it felt so good to be back in that environment cause I've been absent from it all year long. I noticed much sweeter personalities and attitudes than anyone that I had to put up with over in Okinawa. I introduced someone else who had already been stationed over in Alaska to my University that I'm going to now. I talked and talked and talked, and got to know like everyone in the entire building. I made so many new friends, and people even recognized me that I had never even seen before. Not sure where that's coming from, but oh well. I just said I was up there all the time taking classes, which I am. I go to class every day of the week now, but I love it. Not all of it is college classes, some are fun classes, cause I need that other than just studies studies studies all the time. I was so absorbed over my weekend class, that I totally forgot about the documentary I had to write about and submit online. I barely made it by just a few hours, but there was a lot of sleeping going on with me cause I've been so tired studying, and going to classes non-stop. I'm going tomorrow again to several different classes to show the projects that I did for my classes from the spring, the one of my neice, my family tree display that is as tall as me, book project, and then a huge notebook of observations and papers I had to write. Mostly so I can show everyone what I did and how much I work my head off, and I just love showing my work to others. I went on and on and on about my college and perhaps got someone else who will start in the new year, but I will be just about ready to move to Alaska then I made new friends, got phone numbers, email addresses, facebook accounts, and when it came time for me to leave, I still couldn't stop talking about I don't even remember now but I'm glad that I didn't lose my voice...I'm having so much fun in my classes though...I will have more time to be here online when my 3 week class is over and done with..

No comments: