Friday, August 3, 2012

(these pics are from last year when I was still back home...I had as much fun as I possibly could and loved every minute of it...the closest ones are of a birthday party from my friend, and we were all riding the four-wheeler around the nearest field there and it was a complete blast...(wow how I would love to have one of my own, but can't cause we move around tooo much and they require a ton of maintenance, then it's another thing that we have to include on our inventory when we move and more weight...etc...etc... :(  the Maroon5 concert with my friend..we've known each other since we were 13 and still have a blast together...I would love to go to more outdoor concerts here, but it's hard to tell what the weather is going to do being up here in Alaska...it's nice one minute then cool and rainy the next...a couple others are of our farm that got broken into and those are the results of a break-in...I still have tons more pics than these, and more of Alaska, before the next snowfall comes about the end of next month...so they will all be on here soon before the end of this summer, including the ones of the zoo...
(our State Fair back in Oklahoma City...LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!! (will continue this later!! still more pics to add!! :)
Happy (early) weekend everyone...so guess what...we are finally having nice weather here in Anchorage after like 2-3 weeks of rain on and off, and yesterday was all the way down to 51 degrees...I've had the floor heaters on since JULY believe it or not every time the temps drop like that...wow that is a first for me to have heaters on in the middle of summer...the summers are very very mild here...something that I never even guessed that I would experience with the street lamps melting back home with 112-115 degree temps...those are desert temps, so just feel very sad for what is happening to our environment...We finally got a chance to go to the zoo here in Anchorage last weekend, when it was finally nice...the zoo here is very very small and you can get through it in like 2 hours...It is still very beautiful though to walk through the nature part of it, since they built it right in the middle of the forest/woods (which ever one you prefer to use...) they don't have too many animals here because of the climate, and a lot of them can only be in hot environments.....so it was more enjoyable just to take our time and finally get to enjoy the outdoors...I haven't been around animals in sooo long cause I'm just around my cats is all, and went to feed some of them...I saw like a bag of hay laying near by and reached in a grabbed a handful of what I thought was just hay...only it wasn't just hay...it was also what they cleaned up earlier and I threw it down and then gave everyone a huge laugh when I was feeling completely disgusted...I just couldn't wash my hands enough and the water did not seem to be getting hot enough...only I can do something that humiliating though...I didn't see one other person do what I did...I still feel overly disgusted every time that I think about that...now the next time that we go I will know that anything in a bag nearby isn't for feeding the animals...then we were leaving that area cause I felt so stupid and embarrassed I wanted to get away from there, and heard one of the kids there yell out, that some of the animals were attached to the back of the bathrooms...he didn't know how to read the map and I couldn't stop laughing...I"m looking forward to going downtown this weekend and spending more time there since the last time that we went it was so crowded it reminded me of Tokyo when we were there, and you couldn't even turn around or barely look sideways there were so many people surrounding you...I've got pics from the downtown summer solice celebration and can't wait to put them on here!! it was so much fun and I love the festivals that we have here since I can finally understand what they are saying!!! :)

No comments: