Monday, November 8, 2010


So, I got asked the much dreaded question today...the one that I Have been dreading for months...I knew it was coming because I have too much personality, and make such an impact on just being here on this teeny tiny island...."What do you wanna do for ya Going-Away Party??????" ugghhh I really don't want the attention, but when being asked in front of an entire group like that, and everyone is waiting for some kind of an answer, the LAST thing I want to appear as is boring or a total deadbeat who never wants to do anything, when I am always up for anything.....I've been thinking and thinking and thinking the past several hours, and think I have


finally come up with something since whatever I come up with is always a total blast, and others see how much fun they are missing out on not hanging out with me, and can't wait to get in on whatever it is we're doing..... :D I think that this week is too soon for a party since it's a holiday weekend for us here and most already have plans...I'm definataly including going to the club after we spend an evening out...I'm expecting probably around 70 then maybe up to 100 cause friends bring friends, and I have nooo problem at all meeting new faces or talking....It's all too much fun for me.....and can't wait....now I"m sooo excited about the whole thing, I can't even get to sleep...I have to go at least through 2 or 3 Going-Away parties here....This one then another one next month from another group that I hung out with and went to dinner with every month and other things whatever we could come up with...Then my husband's people whoever he knows....I'm gonna be all partied out by the time I finally leave here, and we wouldn't even had Christmas yet.....At least I can keep in touch with everyone who wants to keep in touch with me thanks to the Internet and the magic of Facebook, which I seem to practically live on these days now....I am only here at this place I live now for 2 more weeks...WOW, it seems to have sped up all of a sudden....Then I get the dreaded task of having to move all over again...this time to the hotel....the same one that I fought over and over and over with about having the stupid ants all over everything until they moved us to the ones indoors with the carpeted hallways and the elevators.....I am hoping to get that again since I don't do the bug thing at all or ants or anything else that crawls around....I couldn't believe what I saw when I came on here what happened in Italy...WHY AM I FINDING OUT ABOUT THIS 2 days later whenever it happened on Saturday?!?!?! That's what I can't stand about being over here I'm always the very last one to know everything and it's annoying....It's like I don't ever know what's going on and everyone else does.....I'm trying my hardest not to cry or throw up because seeing this really does make me sick, or at least feel that way.....I was in Rome, I thought the whole place looked like a giantic movie set way beyond perfection...I had never seen such a gorgeous city with all that Rome has....WOW....I don't remember these really, we saw so much, and it all went by soo fast, but I"m sure we passed them.... A lot of it is a blur, but I do remember some of Rome, and absolutely LOVED it....How sad those things are starting to fall apart like that now after all this time....Still am glad that I got to see it when I did before the whole city is flattened like that....Can't wait to go back there I grew bored of Japan as soon as I got here...I just didn't see any potential or anything that was really of interest....You have to be from here and have a background and family or something over here to really be hard-core interested in this place and well, I'm just not...simple as that....miss Italy toooo much, and by the looks of this, it seems like it misses me too.... :(




Italy: More building collapses at Pompeii possible
ROME – More buildings inside the ancient Roman city of Pompeii could collapse, Italy's culture minister said Sunday, a day after a 2,000-year-old house once used by gladiators disintegrated into rubble.

The collapse Saturday at one of Italy's main tourist attractions was a source of embarrassment for the government and the country. President Giorgio Napolitano said


it was a "disgrace for Italy" and demanded an explanation.

Culture Minister Sandro Bondi, who went to Pompeii to survey the damage on Sunday, warned that other buildings could also fall, according to Italian news agencies.

Given the number of buildings that need restoration, further damage is virtually "inevitable," said Daniela Leone, a spokeswoman for Pompeii's archaeological superintendence.

"This is a vast area that requires maintenance, resources," she said.

The house that collapsed on Saturday was used by gladiators to train before going to fight in a nearby amphitheater, as well as by other athletes. It was also a storehouse for weapons and armor.

It was believed to have been built not long before Pompeii was destroyed in A.D. 79 by an eruption of Mount Vesuvius, which killed thousands of people and buried the city in 20 feet (six meters) of volcanic ash.

The house was also partially destroyed during World War II, and the roof and some of the walls had been rebuilt.

No comments: