Sunday, October 7, 2012

WONDERING IF I AM SEEING THINGS!!!

(insert haunted house screaming here...)
If this is ACTUALLY WORKING then I must be dreaming!! Finally after an entire week of me about to die from not being on here, now I can finally be on here...I really couldn't get my computer to do anything...mostly for the drastic weather changes here so suddenly...we had a very light dusting of SNOW very end of September...I was sooo thrilled I was hoping that it would be another snowfall that went up past everyone's knees where you couldn't even walk in it, and the snow plows were out every single day clearing the roads and parking lots from snow that keeps on falling....I have never in my life been around snow ever, so it's like I am on a completely different planet being around all this snow!!! it only lasted that night, then half of the morning the next day, and then the rotten sun came out, and melted it all, and I was completely depressed the rest of the day since we didn't have snow anymore...

I've been counting the days, and constantly checking the weather on here for Alaska to see if there is going to be any snow soon...all that we have been getting is rain and more rain...it's like chilly...enough for hats coats, sweaters, sweatshirts, rain jackets, umbrellas...but no snow...I've been fuming cause I can't wait to go out and play around in it again, and go inter tubing, dog sledding, snow boarding, get on the snow mobile, ice skating...(we have an ice skating rink here in our mall here in Anchorage...) after being sooooo unbelievably deprived and away from everything for the last 7-8 years, I'm soooo thrilled to be back in a big city where I actually belong and we have everything again, and yes EVERYTHING IS IN ENGLISH!!!!!!!!

 I'm about to check the weather on here again to see if snow is coming either this week or next week, cause I am dying to get outside again when it's not raining...wow sooo much has happened this last week, when I was fighting with this ridiculous computer...I've gotten into the whitening my teeth I guess like the movie stars and singers do...might be vain but I really really don't care!!! there is like noooo way that I"m having teeth that look like a smokers when I don't even smoke...I think a few more months maybe the end of this year..possibly next year I will finally be satisfied...not exactly cheap either, but again I really don't care!!! I've had to cut out my Dr. Pepper completely... (major crying fit)...my tea, (still a crying fit but not as bad or as much)....anything dark really...now it's only my Ginger Ale and water....or my flavoured water...not too exciting, but oh well...still on the agenda list with everyone else for braces agggaaainnnnn for the 2nd time in my life...

I don't even wanna think about that one...I'm about as mad over that as I am about snow not coming here fast enough...not sure what else...everything flies by here sooo fast, and Alaska is behind in time zones from the rest of the world...everyone else is several hours, or a day ahead of us here...Canada is even an hour ahead of us...Hawaii may be behind Alaska, but it's been years since I"ve been there, so I really can't remember how many hours behind Hawaii is...I've no idea how I got off on that little subject...

I've talked soo much in the last 2 weeks, that I almost completely lost my voice agaiinnnn...I could hardly talk at all, my voice was very scratchy like it is whenever you are sick, I talked so much during appointments which  I can't even remember what they were about, that we completely ran out of time because I wouldn't shut up, that I had to reschedule the entire appointment cause I did most of the talking the whole time...no matter how much I tried clearing my throat still nothing would happen, and even when I tried to drink, still nothing...yes I've tried to stop talking, then I get out in town, and I'm completely hopeless on shutting up for like 5 minutes because I"m soooo thrilled to death to be here in Alaska....

People here on this base are so pathetic and so negative...I got to talking (big shocker huh??!) to someone just randomly here a few weeks ago...you know, same old worn out age end questions..."hi how are u" "what do you like?" "how long have you been here..." where are you from??" junk like that...stuff that bores me beyond the grave....I met someone who was from Florida...(evil place to me with the experiences that I've had there, and also the people from moving around sooo much and having to put up with the sucky attitudes from them...yes I know I"m gonna get bashed for that one, but oh well...)

 they said they didn't like it here cause they aren't used to the cold weather, and snow...I said that I absolutely LOVED it here, that I couldn't get enough of it, and that I want to live here forever and ever, and NEVER want to leave!!!!!!!! the responce that I get??? "YOU LIKE IT HERE!?!?!" I said "yeah after what I"ve been through the last few years, this is heaven to me..." I kind of get an eyeroll and get the cold shoulder which I'm so totally used to by now that it cracks me up laughing...annnndddd they haven't spoken to me since...too funny...thrilled to pieces though that I got under someone's skin again and they hate me whenever they barely even know my name....

(I'll finish this later....I HAVE to go to my art store since tomorrow is a holiday, and I've lost yet another one of my art supplies out in public and I'm going crazy until I get like about 6-7 of them to calm me down where I can finally sleep again at night)....we're about to go to do that, and to dinner somewhere in Anchorage...and the evening is just a blur anymore cause it is starting to get dark here about 5pm everyday...soon it will get dark @ 4pm in the next few weeks but I'm used to it by now, and still love it....I still have more to add, so hopefully I won't run off the page this time like I did a few blogs back...can't shut up ever and guess I will never be able to...I always seem to have something to say...that's why most hate me I guess...I give that one a big "SO WHAT!!!" :D xoxoxo

**** okay back!!! again...nottt able to do anything on here again!!! not sure what is going on with this stupid thing, but I can't add pics or anything...it keeps throwing me to some whacked up clothing website like I even care...I"m not sure either why all these ads keep overlapping each other...so I managed to get everything done finally...yes I can finally sleep tonight since I went to my art store and got double of what I had before, and will do the same thing next weekend and the weekend after that if I have to...yes I realllllllyyyy hate losing things..it drives me to the point of insanity...

we went on an outstanding one day Alaskan cruise yesterday here...it was a 3 hour drive from Anchorage down to Seward, Alaska where we went to catch the cruise ship...it left from Seward and from there we went to Fairbanks...another big city....it was sooo incredible to actually see the mountains up close, without anything in front of them blocking them and I could actually see the bottom without some building or trees in the way..we've had snow here, and it has been raining non stop here, so there were small waterfalls coming down from the mountains....they never seemed to end, and I had nooo idea that we even had waterfalls here...we saw part of the ocean/beach and parts of the ocean are already starting to freeze...there are bits of ice scattered...I can't wait to see the entire ocean frozen solid all over again...

it was all so beautiful and to see everything up close and just Alaskan nature gave me chills since I've only seen things like that in pictures...I got to see sea otters swimming around poking their heads up and down out of the ocean, they are more scared than aggressive so it wasn't much to see..I got to see the white baby seals, sea lions, seals, and my most favourite of them all I got to see an American bald eagle in his natural environment...I saw them at the zoo here, but it bothered me more to see them at a zoo than in the natural forest...we had to keep our distance though so that he wouldn't feel threatened, so he was hard to see, but he was just sitting in the trees in what they called the Alaskan rain forest because it is all trees and animals that hasn't been touched or destroyed by destructive no good humans...I saw his white head and brown body, and he was just looking back and forth side to side...wow I can't wait to see more American bald eagles...I really have never ever ever seen them before...just pictures...

then it was just more cruising around the ocean, looking at more natural environment here...more mountains, waterfalls, animals, and just enjoying the experience...I took a ton of pictures, and once this thing decides to stop hating me and actually starts cooperating with me, then maybe I can download the pics from the cruise that I went on...they are all nature pics, so don't pay attention just because I'm not in them...I reallllllllllyyyyyyyy hate my picture taken..I just can't stand how I look..I look fine in the mirror, then when it comes time for picture taking, my face always looks twisted I think so at least, or I look like I'm about half asleep when really I was just about to say something...

hmm so I loved everything about that cruise I got to go on...there were people from all over the world again on it with me...New Zealand, Thailand...soo many...not sure and can't even remember them all..that is a lonnnggg ways though to come from those countries half way around the world just to come and visit Alaska, so I can hardly believe that I actually am living here...

weather here changes soo fast that it's scary..it was fine going out there, but on the way back, we were being thrown around, and it was going up and down, side to side, and I get sick over everything, so that's what happened to me...just like I got whenever I went on that totally pointless whale watching tour in Japan...and just fyi to anyone who is thinking about going whale watching...YOU DON'T SEE THE FULL WHALE!!! YOU ONLY SEE MAYBE THE TIP OF THEIR NOSE, BACK, AND TAIL!!! the rest of the time, they stay in the water!!!so I got motion sickness from all that movement, and couldn't stand it anymore after that and just wanted to get off then..It was about an hour back from Fairbanks to Seward again, and I grabbed my motion sickness medication and downed it so it would knock me out, and I was asleep the rest of the time and woke up just before we were about to get off...so I ended that nightmare real quick because I honestly can not stand that feeling...so it was incredible to be back on dry land again...

Seward is a veryyy small town, and reminds me hands down of Nantucket, Massachusetts...it's a whaling community, and is very beautiful, with all these boats right in the ocean, everywhere, restaurants, souvinier places, statues, waterfalls, monuments, and just a nice place to walk around at...they have a train station, and all the cruise boats to go on...I loved it there and can't wait to go back...It was hard to find a place for dinner since some of the places were already closed down for the winter and wouldn't open back up until April whenever the tourist season picks up again...or some of the others that were open weren't open until 6pm and we got back from our cruise around 4pm..we planned to have dinner, then get back on the drive home since it was another 3 hours coming back to Anchorage..


.so we finally found a place...hurried the best that we could...walked around a little bit more, then I had to say good bye (sob) to my gorgeous #2 Massachusetts town that resembles Nantucket exactly...3 hours driving back home..or my husband did..I still felt dead sick and only wanted to get home and I hate that nausiated feeling..I have nooo idea how well I would last on a week or 2 week long cruise if I couldn't even get through one day...it gets dark here sooo early now, oh and it was pouring down rain as well...I was tooo happy to get back here to Anchorage...and now I can't stop talking about that experience and everything that I got to see, and so now it's back to me being completely still fascinated with Alaska again, (even though I've been here over 6 months), and also getting back to the reality part of life where everyone who's around me totally hates me...oh well..it must be very hard to be so jealous and miserable all the time...so that was my weekend..I can't wait to have another one like that one...it is sooo exhausting though!!! I won't stop it on the travel part though...even if I nearly half way drop over dead I still won't give it up!! chat with everyone soon whom I usually chat with!!!   

No comments: