Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day Of Rest & Relaxation!!!


This is what I've done the last few days since I arrived here in Alaska!!! I've been so tired from all the moving, packing, pushing and shoving, running through air ports, trying to find our way around here, climbing up in military trucks that come up past my waist without any steps on them, and I'm always the last one to get in and always the butt of all the jokes whenever I"m outta ear shot, trying to make sense of everything once again, and kick the thought of being new once again out of the window and just go with it and not care if I'm new or not...I think I'm just about all caught up on sleep and all that, but it's nice to be able to do that now since there is snow outside and we can leave the heat on inside..I've hardly ever in my life been around snow ever, I've hardly lived around it, seen it very much, and it's never lasted more than a day or even half a day...When we went to Hungary, there was snow all the way up to the car side windows and I went out in it coming down like crazy and laid down in it...great feeling since I was always around hot places, and after that was over meant going back to Italy without any air conditioning in the scalding summer...That was my experience in living in an Italian house off base...they don't have air conditioning they said it was too cold...I don't miss that awful heat at all...I saw the duplex we're going to be moving into soon...upstairs and down, about 5 closets, 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, tv room, patio where we will put in a hot tub and it's all facing the mountains covered in snow..the best part about it all is in the summers here it only gets to about 78 degrees...I don't think that I wanna leave here!!!!!!

No comments: