Tuesday, June 14, 2011

All About Me!!!!

I absolutely could not leave this out!!! Not once did I ever hear of this place while I was living over in Japan!!!!! I was on mainland before I moved back here to the United States. I was in Tokyo Disneyland...(pictures still coming!!!!!!) I saw Mount Fuji from a distance....no one ever mentioned an abandomed themepark...that is the stuff I would want to see instead of going to a regular themepark like we did and I was done after about 2 hours cause it was so hot and the lines were so long for everything, and I'm not one for ridiing rides....can't stand the heights, the speed, and being lifted off the ground and the idiots running that joint couldn't understand me anyways when I wanted off...that's fine for kids I guess, or anyone else who likes rides but it's not for me...I have never even heard of this place even when it was in business...Pretty sad actually now looking at it...I loved the views and the pictures of it though...I would have rather gone to here than arguing how I didn't want to get on rides since this place doesn't have any rides to argue over....Well I'm done with Japan forever, so this is the only way I'm ever going to see this place....(OH WOW!!!!!!! I just heard this song for the very first time on the radio, and LOVE ITTTTTT!!!!!!!!) Near Mount Fuji in Japan lies an abandoned theme park dedicated to the classic novel Gulliver's Travels. Though the park is no longer in business, people still travel to it to take pictures of the decaying attractions and statues. Here, an aerial look on the park. Note the tied down giant and the conspicuous absence of customers. Under the shadow of Mount Fuji lies an imprisoned (and spray painted) Gulliver. Look closely and you'll see some explorers standing on the statues face, body, and hand. (Photo: Martin Lyle)Graffiti has taken over the theme park once dedicated to the classic story of Gulliver’s Travels. Here, vandals have spray painted all over poor Gulliver’s cheek. Wondering which creepy abandoned building to visit first? Allow this helpful map of Gulliver’s Kingdom to assist you in your planning.The park's town square resembles an abandoned Main Street USA at Disneyland. In the background, Japan's Mount Fuji looms. How the mighty have fallen. Grey skies loom over the supersized statue of Gulliver. Look closely and you'll see busted doors and weeds creeping through the concrete. Take an up-close look at a theme park in decay. The weeds are slowly taking over, but the buildings appear to be in relatively good shape. The park's town square stands empty. Gulliver's Kingdom has been closed since 2001, but remains a popular spot with urban explorers. I wrote a small yakkity yak paragraph here about myself but couldn't say what I really wanted to say!!!! I'm going through withdrawal from on here from not talking on this for so long...nearly a week now...I'm super busy with my summer class now...I have a huge project due every few weeks, and I just started my next one...I had to go and get all my art supplies for it, and I have been having an ultimate BLAST putting it all together....I went and got a huge fold out poster board where the sides fold out, daisy ribbon with pink daisy centers, gold sequined ribbon to put all around the sides, cut out NEON COLORED LETTERS WITH SILVER RHINESTONES, NEON paper with hot pink, hot neon purple, neon orange, neon green, and neon yellow. (does anyone else see a pattern here!?!?!?) Yes mine will look like an advertisement billboard but I outdo everyone else around me whenever I have to do art projects....I'll do the center portion tomorrow, or some of it at least, but can't wait to see how it turns out....It's huggggeee, so when I get a picture it will be about end of next month until I can get it on here....My name in different colors was the first thing to go on next to the ribbon.... :) That was the fun part, now I have to do the "work" part of it....I also have to keep up with my regular class every week I sit in for 3 hours, then the online portion of it on here several times a week responding and posting etc. etc...I have several different things going on all at once....One more month until my vacation...can't wait after I'm spending my summer working like mad...can't wait to show everyone though..... :)

No comments: