Sunday, August 9, 2009





WOW this is scary....I was supposed to be in Tokyo at this time, and would have been leaving tomorrow, and I just found out that an earthquake happened there today....I still haven't gotten over missing my flight to there, but then I saw this and somehow felt it was a blessing in disguise...we've had earthquakes here too on Okninawa, cause I have been here on my computer, and my window ornaments started rattling, and my monitor shook, then everything just stopped....I didn't realize what it was until after everything settled down...I will try and make it there in next few months cause they are already offering it again....I just hope that it's better timing for everything and this crazy weather and these nutty natural disaters calm the heck down....I am doing better just few more days until I get the in-laws outta my hair and I can have my house and my life back....talk with you all soon take care....xoxoxox

Strong earthquake shakes Tokyo area
TOKYO – A strong earthquake shook the Japanese capital and surrounding areas Sunday, the Japan Meteorological Agency said.

There were no immediate reports of damage or casualties from the temblor, which rattled furniture and walls in Tokyo homes at 7:56 p.m. (1056 GMT) Sunday, the agency said.

The Japanese agency recorded the quake at a preliminary magnitude of 6.9. The United States Geological Survey said the quake was magnitude 7.1 and that it was centered in the Izu Islands some 200 miles (320 kilometers) southwest of Tokyo.

The Japanese agency said there was no danger of tsunami from the quake. It was 1,115 feet (340 meters) below the ocean bed in the waters off the eastern coast of Japan, according to the agency.

The agency said the quake shook Tokyo, as well as the prefectures (states) of Ibaraki, Saitama, Chiba and others around the capital.

Japan is one of the world's most earthquake-prone countries.

No comments: