Wednesday, July 1, 2009



Hi everyone happy July to you all....it's hard to believe that we are already in the 7th month of the year...only 6 more months left to go until Christmas....is anyone else thinking about it and excited about it like me??!! Anyways, I'm too exhausted really to do very much on here....I'm looking forward to a very long weekend without having to worry about anything, or anyone asking me to do anything....today was bowling...I'm so sore from yesterday throwing myself across the gigantic water slide and landing on my stomach and doing that over and over.....it hurts to breathe, cough, laugh, talk or bend getting up or down....oh well it was fun though, so I'm not worried.....I still completely wear myself out where I'm so tired most of the time anymore I wanna cry....then I try to sleep and can't and so it goes on and on....hmm I can't wait really....only a few more weeks and I"ll be on my vacation, and get to enjoy myself finally and not have to worry about an annoying time schedule for several weeks.....also it doesn't sound so bad to me either about getting away from certain ones that just are determined like anything to get on my very last nerve no matter what....things like fussing at me clean a sink, or I leave a single piece of paper laying somewhere, or my water, we've all heard that story, or something else so stupid I can't even remember it, or don't wanna remember it it's just so meaningless....I honestly feel really really bad for people like that, who go around just looking and picking things out about anyone possible, mainly me, cause I never quit with laughing at something or talking so much until I"m hoarse, they have to just try and kill it for me.....hmm I would imagine these people are pretty boring whenever they are alone, and do things like getting on the internet to secretly design their own bumper stickers something like "I heart mayonnaise " or "If you shave my back, I'll shave yours" yes they do have that kind of thing, mostly they have anything you can possibly think of on here, or want to get made if you are willing to pay the $$$$ for whatever it is.....I can't think of any other reason why people like that would just go around picking out itty bitty little things on others, mainly me just to hear themselves talk......like I would listen to all that in the first place....hmmm my birthday was 4 months ago, and my balloons are still up....I'm giving them until Labor Day, but now it's just getting funny.....did anyone else hear of the train crash over in Italy???? I just found out about this cause I am gone so so much anymore, and when I do come home finally, I'm so dead tired I'm never up long.... I don't like hearing all this tragedy that happened in just one month.....I was on a train I don't know how many times when I was over there, and that really shook me up whenever I heard that, cause that was about the only way to do anything....I"m the last person ever to try and find their way around a foreign country with everything in another language...then right when I was starting to pick it up some, I had to leave, so forget all that and start learning Japanese...not gonna happen with me though.....I still thought that was really scary though, cause I don't know how many times I was on one, or fell asleep on one, or on a plane, and that could happen....it pretty much twisted my stomach up in knots when I read that cause I was in Rome right before we had to move and leave for Tokyo....it's all a blur now, but still nausiating when I think of it....
Gas train derails in Italy, kills 14, burns 50
Play Video Reuters – Many dead in Italy train explosion
Slideshow:Train derails, explodes in Italy
Play Video Video:Raw Video: Fiery explosion after train derails AP
Play Video Energy & Oil Video:June 29: Oil, commodities pull stocks higher AP
AP – Cars and houses are ablaze near Viareggio's railway station Tuesday, June 30, 2009. A freight train …
By MARTA FALCONI, Associated Press Writer Marta Falconi, Associated Press Writer – Tue Jun 30, 3:19 pm ET
VIAREGGIO, Italy – Elia Quiroz was about to go to bed in his home near the railroad station in this Tuscan seaside town when the train rumbled by. His kitchen table started shaking.
"Then I heard an explosion and I went outside," the 32-year-old Italian recalled. "I saw flames as high as 30, 40 meters, and I ran."
A gas-filled train derailed while traveling through a downtown neighborhood around midnight Monday, catching residents in their sleep, and setting off a massive explosion that killed at least 14 people and injured dozens of others, most with severe burns.
Death toll figures seesawed on Tuesday, but the Civil Protection eventually put the official count at 14 dead and three missing after the body of a woman was found in her crumbled home. Some 35 of the 50 injured had suffered severe burns.
As rescuers searched through the rubble for survivors, unions and consumer groups denounced what they said is the poor safety record and aging infrastructure of Italy's rail system and questioned sending highly explosive cargo through an inhabited area.
The 14-car train was traveling from the northern city of La Spezia to Pisa when part of the convoy derailed as it passed Viareggio's station.
A car filled with liquefied petroleum gas, or LPG, sprung a leak and all it took then was a spark to cause an explosion that collapsed five buildings and set fire to a vast area. Homes crumbled or burned, killing residents as they slept.
"We saw a ball of fire rising up to the sky," said witness Gianfranco Bini, who lives in a building overlooking the station. "We heard three big rumbles, like bombs. It looked like war had broken out."
His son, Gianni Bini, said he saw a truck driver running away on fire.
"This truck was passing by ... when it was hit by the heat wave and I saw the driver ablaze, getting off and walking away" in a daze, he said.
Videos uploaded onto YouTube showed a huge plume of fire and smoke towering above Viareggio's low houses. An inferno raged through the night, consuming buildings and cars, while the sound of sirens and explosions pierced the air. TV images showed residents, their bodies blackened by the smoke, being carried away on stretchers.
Pope Benedict XVI expressed his "participation in the pain striking the whole town" and said in a telegram of condolences he was praying for the victims.
Silvio Berlusconi, Italy's center-right premier, traveled to Viareggio to take charge of the situation and was greeted with boos and cries of "go home" as he arrived at the town's municipality. Tuscany is usually a left-leaning region of Italy.
About 100 people had lost their homes and a total of 1,000 were evacuated as a precaution, said Viareggio Mayor Luca Lunardini.
As some 300 firefighters extinguished the blaze, teams specialized in dealing with nuclear, biological and chemical threats were brought in to prevent the other gas tanks from exploding.
Some of the victims, including a child, were killed at home, said Raffaele Gargiulo, a police spokesman for the nearby city of Lucca, which is in charge of Viareggio. Two drivers on the road alongside the tracks were also killed.
Others suffered severe burns and died at the hospital.
"The condition of the bodies is such that it will be very difficult to identify them," Gargiulo said.
It was Italy's deadliest train accident since January 2005, when 17 people were killed in a head-on collision between a passenger train and a freight train. The collision occurred in thick fog on a single track line near Bologna in northern Italy, and led to calls for improved train safety.
Berlusconi said at a news conference that Monday's tragedy was caused by the breakage of a wheel axis of one the gas cars.
The train's two engineers were lightly injured. While being questioned in the hospital, they said they felt an impact some 650 feet (200 meters) outside the station, shortly before part of the train flew off the tracks, Gargiulo said.
The ADUC consumer group said the train should never have traveled on that line, and blamed Italy's old railroad lines and their limited number for the disaster.
"How is it possible that such a dangerous cargo could travel through such an important station and an inhabited area?" the groups said in a statement.
The union of Italy's rail engineers called for greater checks on train cars that are registered abroad, like the ones involved in the crash.
Italy's state-run railways company said in a statement the first car appeared to derail and explode, pulling another four cars with it. The cars came from Poland and Germany and were driven by a locomotive of the Italian railways Trenitalia.
GATX Rail Europe, which is based in Vienna, said it owns the rail cars. CFO Werner Mitteregger added he did not have any details on what caused the accident.
He said a company representative has been sent to Viareggio to gather information. He had no immediate comment on the state or age of the rail cars, saying they were still trying to identify them.
EU Transport Commissioner Antonio Tajani called on EU countries to step up safety checks of Europe's rail transport sector, which is increasingly run by private operators.
Italy's Interior Minister, Roberto Maroni said it was too early to draw conclusions on the crash.
"Once the causes will be clear we will act at an Italian or European level to ensure such accidents don't happen again," he said. http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Train-derails-explodes-Italy/ss/events/wl/062909italytrain Okeee I'd better run now, I have swimming tomorrow so I have to get ready for that....I'm still not recovered from the other stuff but all in due time I will be...hope everyone is doing fine and surviving your week....chat with u soon..take care xoxoxo=]http://www.infopointindia.com/-webpage from one of my friends I thought I'd put on here....=)

No comments: