Thursday, December 20, 2012

 
The fact that I can't sit still and always have to be active doing something has gotten me into a situation again...I had class today, and then after I absolutely could not WAIT to go out again outdoors sledding, climbing hills, and having it all to myself for once without having to wait on others, or them listen to me scream my head off on the way down cause that still scares me to death..I'm still trying to get used to winter activities since I have never lived around snow before but I can't wait to try everything...dog sledding and snow mobiling are next...people are soon to find out that I am not at all boring once I am let loose outside...
 
I went up the hill in the back of us, it's not really a huge one, but it will take the breath out of you just going up and carrying a sled...I went down twice...those were fine...I'm starting to get much better at not falling off, and trying to get used to the slick areas that cause me to pick up more speed..third time?? I was so hyped up with going down on my own, with no one else being around, that I was actually getting used to it, that I planned on going down 10 times...dream on...I went down the third time, and at the bottom, the snow boarders had made a mound of snow to jump when they got to the bottom...
 
sooo guess what I did...I headed right for that solid mound of snow, and couldn't stop, couldn't turn, couldn't move, couldn't get off, cause I was flying, and hit that small hill of solid snow packed up full force..I went skidding, my sled landed on top of me hitting me pretty hard...I went flying, and landed flat down on the ground hitting my head super hard, landing on both my wrists and one of my hands and my little finger, and then I felt really bad pain on my mouth...I felt of it, and there was blood all over my hand and made sure that I still had all of my teeth, yes I did thank you GOD...
 
felt around on it some more, and realized that I bit the hell out of my bottom lip...yah I was super glad that no one was around for that one, cause then I'd have people running up asking me over and over if I was okay, kids all around that I normally go sledding with, stupid people that I didn't even know asking ignorant questions, and I have no idea what else...wow I haven't had an accident like that in like years..I also rebusted my chin where I had stitches once before, only this time it was right above the stitches, and now is still very swollen and sore..and my jaw feels like I was punched by a boxer...
 
so that was it for me today on the sledding part, and once I could stand up and walk again I came back home since we are right in front of that so it is only a short walk...and finally got a chance to look at my face and my lip..My front teeth came over my bottom lip, so that was the worst of it, now it's purple, dark red, and very very swollen and sore, and also looks like someone punched me in the mouth from smarting off...my chin is just a nick, not too much of a cut, but I'm glad that I didn't bust the part open where I was stitched up before...I finally got all that bleeding to stop, and then I thought that I may have broken my finger..it was swollen, turning bruised, and still hurts to move it...so I have no idea and I really don't wanna sit for 2 days in the emergency room just waiting...
 
my bottom lip took the worst of the beating though, and I am still sooooooooooooo sore all over...now that I look back on it, jumping on a sled from a mound of snow, and flying in the air a little ways was actually quite a blast...I've got the snowboarders to thank for that one...they stand straight up on snow boards, and go all the way down and jump off that thing in the air, and somehow manage to land on their feet...if I tried doing something like that, I would end up all the way across the street...
 
I wish that I could try that again, but I can't stand going that fast, and I don't want to get hurt again like this...now I know not to go at full speed down a very very steep slick hill with a mound of snow at the bottom..I'm still new at this, but I"m learning slowly and that usually involves me having accidents along the way...I'm not telling anyone about that though, I don't wanna hear how dangerous it was whenever I wish that I could do it all over again if only I was more coordinated and didn't halfway kill myself every time I try to do anything sports related...and that is why I am not a professional athlete...

No comments: