Sunday, August 21, 2011

My Time In Massachusetts Part 2-Plymouth-Indian Village, Pilgrim Village, Mayflower II

This was one of my most favourite parts of the entire trip. I first visited this when I was only 13 years old, and completely LOVED IT. This was in the beautiful town of Plymouth, and they recreated what the villages may have looked like for the Pilgrims whenever they first settled in America, and also what an Indian village may have looked like back then. The guy you see burning things is making a canoe. He hollowed out a hole in the log, and burned it little by little until it hollowed it out. The Pilgrim Village is the one with the dirt paths, wooden fences, animals, and small cottages. They have people in character all throughout that village. I absolutely LOVE it there, and we ended up going back twice there. That would make it 3 times for me. The boat is the Mayflower II. It's tan, so that's one way for me to separate it from being able to tell it apart from the USS Constitution. That is a recreation as well, but I love it all to pieces. It really and truly felt like you stepped back in time when you go and visit places like this. I just can never get enough of things like this....enjoy everyone...still more to come of course... :)




















No comments: