Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Happy Passover...Wonderful Day...

So they ruined my lunch again today.....with the works you know...one of those enormous raw pickles, slimy and nasty,and I could smell the thing, and went and flung it right in the trash...tomatoes and some kind of white stuff dumped all over it....Instead of me picking through it, I took it back to them and told them do it right or you all are gonna keep doing it.....I got my request met, and so that was that....I seriously don't know what is wrong with people shoving that junk at me every single day.....It's just like in Okinawa, they never would leave me alone ever..and I told them repeately that I HARDLY LIKE ANYTHING AND THAT'S NOT GONNA CHANGE!!!!!!!!!! I'm not just gonna start liking sushi just because I"m here so I can go out with some pathetic group just to get them to like me, which isn't realistic anyways cause all I do is fight with military...Think of it this way, entire group of college graduates or undergraduates hanging out with an entire group of PRISONERS.....NOT HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!! I get around military, and it's nothing but arguing, and I don't like that or being around people who wanna find fault with everything and argue...That's why I simply do not wanna be around them, and am doing everything possibly to stay the hell away from them.....We had a wonderful wonderful outstanding Passover meeting today...I loved it and going over Hebrew, and the Massadah book...NOOOOO I don't eat lamb, I won't touch that stuff...same story as with everything else....I always learn something new at Passover time, and love it, even though some of it is hard to hear.....I will put something on here for those who don't quite understand it....Today 16 years ago, was when we had a huge huge bombing here....I've been hearing stories all day long on here on those who remember it..I was still in high school then, a month off from graduating, and I remember it...It sounded like a huge boom of thunder...far from it, some people got mad and went to our downtown, about 10 minutes from where I live now, and blew the side of a building out that I was in just a week before getting college stuff ready...very close call...awful awful awful...not a lot of people know about that one, or remember it too well...most think that I am talking about 9/11...and we never ever had bombings here ever....I just can't understand some people's thinking whenever they get mad at something....hope everyone is doing well and is having a good week...Happy Passover to those who celebrate it like I do along with Easter.... and just for the record...I only touch the bread in the pic...definately not horseradish or any of that other......nothing can go wrong with plain bread.... ;) Passover (Hebrew, Yiddish: פֶּסַח Pesach, Tiberian: [pesaħ] ( listen), Modern Hebrew: /ˈpesaχ/ Pesah, Pesakh, Yiddish: Peysekh, Paysakh, Paysokh) is a Jewish holiday and festival. It commemorates the story of the Exodus, in which the ancient Israelites were freed from slavery in Egypt. Passover begins on the 14th day of the month of Nisan in the Jewish calendar, which is in spring in the Northern Hemisphere, and is celebrated for seven or eight days. It is one of the most widely observed Jewish holidays. In the narrative of the Exodus, the Bible tells that God helped the Children of Israel escape slavery in Egypt by inflicting ten plagues upon the Egyptians before Pharaoh would release his Israelite slaves; the tenth and worst of the plagues was the slaughter of the first-born. The Israelites were instructed to mark the doorposts of their homes with the blood of a spring lamb and, upon seeing this, the spirit of the Lord passed over these homes, hence the term "passover".[1] When Pharaoh freed the Israelites, it is said that they left in such a hurry that they could not wait for bread dough to rise (leaven). In commemoration, for the duration of Passover no leavened bread is eaten, for which reason it is called "The Festival of the Unleavened Bread".[2] Matzo (flat unleavened bread) is a symbol of the holiday. Together with Shavuot ("Pentecost") and Sukkot ("Tabernacles"), Passover is one of the three pilgrimage festivals (Shalosh Regalim) during which the entire Jewish populace historically made a pilgrimage to the Temple in Jerusalem. Samaritans still make this pilgrimage to Mount Gerizim, but only men participate in public worship.[3

No comments: