Tuesday, October 7, 2008

hi all what's going on.... I'm still at the resort here and leave tomorrow....in a way I am glad because they blocked anykind of chat from this place, so the only forms of outside communication I have are posting on my webpage and email....of course you should know it's driving me insane...we're so far up that we can't even pick up the American radio station here, it's all Japanese radio stations and I have no idea what they're saying or what their music is about....(????) Iwquld be listening to the ipod as I'm typing this to block out all the other outside noise around me, but I would be doing just that.....listening to music and loose my concentration, and about half of this wouldn't make any sense then....

I thought I would be having some kind of a break from military life-style for awhile but guess not since this is still part of the base, and we have to once again go through a gate-guard everytime we come and go.....I think that part annoys me more than anything else...It's been fun though, I loved being this close to the beach and getting to go there anytime I wanted....I've been snorkeling, and went on a hiking trail to waterfalls here, and also jet-skiiing while I"ve been here....It was a total blast and no room for boredom as usual....I"m not one for camping stuff or hiking at all, and had no idea what I was in for when I went Hiji Falls as they named it here...It was nothing but climbing stairs, going over bridges, going up and down more stairs, up and down muddy trails, and after an hour of that, not only was I partially covered in mud, but also banged and scratched up, irritated, extremely hot and sweaty, and completely out of my water that I always drag around with me...I got to where I just didn't care then about seeing some waterfall and said I would just settle for the pictures everyone else took and found a covered pavillion and benches and decided to crash there...I had had enough of this nature stuff and cared nothing about becoming a part of it....So after everyone got back from that, I heard it wasn't that impressive, and wasn't that big either....I've seen better waterfalls myself but I"ll still post pics on here whenever I finally get them all on my other computer....Then it was the dreaded walk back of going over swinging bridges, up and down steps, across muddy trails, and over wet and slimy ramps because it had been raining...I seriously cared nothing about hiking or what it had to offer me, and of course couldn't wait to get the heck out of the woods and finally get back and get a shower....I got plenty of open-mouthed stares from others just starting out on this dreaded hike while I was going back...still not sure if it was from being appalled that not everyone in the universe can stand hiking, or surprised that someone like me actually went on it....sorry they didn't teach me outdoor survival skills and anything else that goes along with it in my acting and modeling classes back in the states.....I think the only thing I wasn't doing was bleeding excessively, wow I hadn't felt that irritated with nature itself for I don't know how long....I know it's a good laugh for everyone else, but it's the biggest annoyance on earth for me...I don't mind a short walk, but several hours, and you're still going, and haven't reached whatever it is you are going to see, then it just becomes boring and you get where you completely don't care....esp. if you keep getting rain dumped down on you on and off, or leftover raindrops from the huge overhanging leaves....I guess you can all see I'm not into this nature and hiking stuff at all and it only aggravates me half to death....anything else is perfectly fine...just don't take me on a 2 hour hike and expect me to have an award-winning personality afterwards....okay well after that I had to do something that I was actually good at and didn't get banged up over and spent the rest of the afternoon jet-skiing here before the enormous down-pour....It was so much fun, and there wasn't any waves this time, and I didn't get knocked off by one either and have 2 different ferry boats filled to the brims with people, and others along the shore either fishing or just enjoying the beach completely stop what they're doing and decide to stare at me whenever I'm not even famous.... I am feeling sooo soooo sore today from that hike yesterday all over...I don't mind that feeling from skiing, or any outdoor water recreations, but being reminded that it came from hiking just reminds me of how awful it was to get through that...It's much, much cooler up here since we are farther up north and everything, and it's been raining the past few days now...I"ve never been more happier to see rain, just not when I'm on some hiking trail out in the middle of nowhere where my cellphone refuses to work...it's sooooooo peaceful here, and I can actually see the stars again at night ...that's not possible back where we are in Okinawa City, because it's so highly populated and has continuous traffic and buildings jammed-packed one right after the other....I got plenty of great pictures of this place, it will just take awhile to get everything on here once I get back home and settled once again.....I will go ahead and end this since I think I've gone on enough about my certain irritations and anything else that follows, but this is my only source of communication right now until I get back to the city limits, so of course I"m going to talk....hope you all are having a fabulous week and everything is going well for you... I can't wait to get back and talk with you all...take care and see you all soon......=)

No comments: