Sunday, October 25, 2009




Hey there my dear friends, I hope everyone has enjoyed another weekend to their fullest...We've had absolutely nothing here but typhoons constantly, so all we had was wind and rain for about 3 days...It's finally stopped but wow I was so happy to see even such a hint of cold weather and rain...I couldn't have been happier after being around nearly what felt like 200 degree temperatures all summer long...I never want to go through this again ever...throwing myself down in the snow again, and staying there for more than just a few minutes, has never sounded better...Anyways, I did a project part of last week that I had never done before ever..It was slightly uncomfortable, but once I got started with it, I had so much fun, I can't wait to do it again... An email was going around here for making "Get Well" cards for those who were in the very last stages of cancer...I have never been through that of course, but I know what it's like to be sick, even just a little bit...Yes, I find it hard just like anyone else does to find the right words to say to anyone who is in that situation. I'm worried that I would say the wrong thing, or what I think to be something nice, they are somehow offended by it...I'd never done this ever, not even whenever I lived back in the states. It just was something that wasn't talked about very much...But I decided to participate in this anyways, since it was an excuse for me to do some sort of artwork...I made a huge card, and decorated it some, and that one was filled up within min...so I decided to make another one, and put in more detail to this one....I cut out flowers and spelled out the words "Get Well" at the top and bottom, and cut ou
t a bunny holding flowers and put him in the middle...on the inside I did in glitter "You are my Sunshine" and cut out a smiling sunshine and put hearts all around it.... I thought how nice it would be if it were me getting something like that...I have no idea if the one who is dying is ever actually going to see this, but I thought it was worth a shot... I remembered how it was being 16 years old and in the hospital, waiting to have that disgusting gall-bladder surgery...(never again!!!! I'm done with all that!!!!!!) I had the doctors come in and ask me if I had ever considered signing something called a "Living Will." Of course, at that age, I had absolutely no idea what on earth that was, I was into my friends and latest happenings, not into whatever it was they were talking about....I was told
that was something that you signed while you were still alive, incase you didn't make it through surgery. umm okay...yikes....I never ever thought about that stuff...I was pretty much speechless, and didn't know what to say to something like this....I'm glad nothing went wrong, and I came out okay from that, but that was really a huge shock having to hear something like that...I didn't like being faced with a life or death situation, when I never thought about death related issues anyways....who does unless you're a manic depressant??? It really got me to thinking when faced with people in their last stages of cancer, how they would feel knowing they were going to die any minute of any given day coming up, and others who were perfectly well, didn't even take so much as a few mintues to sign their name on a simple get well card... Yeah, I couldn't stomach something like that... I don't treat people that way, whether I know them or not....So I made 2 altogether, and took pictures of each one I made, just so I could remember them and how they looked...I loved how my work turned out, and hoped that whoever this was for, that it would help brighten their day, and they wouldn't feel completely forgotten in the world...I took one last look at it for admiration, and then I finally signed my name....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiF6AqWAeWE-old before I die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: