Wednesday, September 3, 2008

hi again all....hope everyone had a good and safe Labor Day weekend for those of us who recognize this holiday...(Happy Birthday to my friends over in UK and anyone else out there who celebrates their special day this month=)....I was especially happy beyond anything to welcome this because it is the very last holiday of the summertime, and that only means for here that the days will soon start cooling off tremendously since it has been unbelievably hot here for 3-4 months now... I still want to take a break from this place here in Okinawa and continue to share my other experiences back in Italy...I was much more interested in things whenever I was over there than I am where I'm at now...These are a few pictures from Florence, Italy when I went to go and visit the Statue David... I loved the fact that I was actually getting to finally see this distinguished, well-known statue that is known the world over... Anyone who goes to see this of course, has to first of all be interested in these types of things or anything else relating to the Renaissance period or it will mean very little or nothing at all really... The David Statue is in museum and it is a fairly long walk to get to it down a long decorated corridor there...When you finally do approach this, you can't help but to draw your breath in it is so capitivating and beautiful to see... This stands at 17 feet and seems enormous to anyone standing below it, since it is raised...You can go all the way around it, and there are several monitors around where u can zoom in on certain areas of the statue to view it better since it is difficult to see towards the top and the sculpting that is done there... This of course is solid marble and portrays everlasting youthful human beauty to all of those fortunate enough to visit this structure... I loved being able to see this statue finally and how captivating it is.... It is under a dome roof kind of if you can notice from any of the pictures, and not another thing is in this room since the emphasis is on David to give this more meaning...There were also books to sign and put your thoughts about it once you thought you had had enough time admiring this, and also all around Florence there are replicas of this David Statue, but of course this is the most extravagant... hope you all enjoyed hearing about this experience of mine while I was there, it was definately worth it and I of course would go back if ever given that opportunity....

No comments: