Monday, September 15, 2008


Greetings again friends far and wide....Many thanks for everyone who stops by regularly to follow my blog week by week... I hope you all are doing fine and everything is going along well in your lives where ever you may reside in the world. Everything is fine here where I am in Japan...we managed to escape yet another typhoon the end of last week and the weekend. This is like the 3rd time this year it has done that... I am sooo sooo happy that summer here is FINALLY over with. It has finally cooled off and isn't so miserable going outdoors, and has finally become somewhat enjoyable again. I can't help thinking that I am missing our state fair back home this month and part of next month... I got to go last year after several years of being away and it was soo soo much fun getting to see it again and go with my friends there... We have nothing like that here in Japan and we didn't have it in Italy either...They moved things like rides and food booths to a parking lot that they cleared out and called it a "bazaar" and expected everyone to get excited about it... Yeah I guess you would if you never saw things like that really, but it wasn't anything that made me blink twice about it...I went last year to ours back home about 3 different times while visiting home and loved it...It was also our 100 year State Cenntennial so there were celebrations going on all the time and every hour it was open there...I'm not sure when I'll get to go back since we are overseas and only get to visit home every few years....Anyways, not to confuse anyone, but everytime this time of year comes around that's mostly of what I'm reminded of...I finally decided to try another color of text on here besides purple or turquiose...so hope it turns out looking ok since that is my main concern... These pics were of course in Pisa, Italy which I'm sure everyone recognizes The Leaning Tower of Pisa. I went to this place twice I loved it so much, and had heard so much about it...The first time I went with a group about 2004, then again by train in 2005... I went to the top of this both times...it was so much fun but so much walking and climbing to get to the top...You are completely out of breath when you get there because you have other people behind you and have to keep moving...Or you can step off to the side and practically hug the wall to let others by while you catch your breath and are able to keep going...You can feel this leaning as you are climbing the steps inside which are worn down in the middle from so many visiting throughout the years...This is considered to be a famous bell tower there, and also one of the seven wonders of the world... The tower is built up entirely of marble, and the very top of this houses the bells and also has more detailed architecture around them and on surfaces going completely around this, and even on the very upper floor with the 2nd rail. These are my personal pictures I took of whenever I was there...it shows it from a distance, and also a view from one of the sides looking down....it's a very nice view from whenever you go up, and you can see all over whenever you finally reach the top of this...there really isn't anything else there but this attraction, and then you can look out and see the overly crowded very over-populated town of Pisa, Italy there. I loved it going here, but I of course don't have one complaint about anything there in Italy...It was very hot both times I went to here, but I tried my hardest not to let that bother me...I would most definately go back here if ever given that chance again someday, and of course go all the way to the top again...here are a couple of videos that I found you all can watch if you want and have the time to...hope u all enjoyed...take care everyone and I look forward to talking to you all again soon on here...=) http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=yiikHFSOC-4&feature=related
this is exactly how I remember it there....the 2nd one of these is my favorite...




No comments: